Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Six Months Ago

My younger sis asked me to acompany her to her OB for pap smear test and she said while I'm already there I should get tested also. Doc got suspicious of my symptoms and examined my tum. She said I needed ultrasound exam. Ultrasound confirmed the doc's suspicion. It was uterine fibroid myoma, 8 cm. Yuck!

Strange that I'm clueless about it except that a couple of years ago I began having heavy periods. Mum said it's just natural for premenopausal women so I did not bother about it anymore. There's no pain whatsoever except that I always feel bloated which I remedy by avoiding meat in my diet and eating more fruits and vegie salads. And sometimes during the cold months I urinate frequently.Doc recommended surgery asap. I tried to reason out with him if I can just wait for my menopause to shrink the fibroid naturally but he said that's too risky as it's still around five years before I menopause completely. The fibroid might grow bigger and might attach itself to my bladder. Or worse it might become cancerous. I was taken aback. I hear cancer everywhere, everyday but not my cancer.

They say people refuse to look up (to God) unless thy're flat on their backs (sick in bed). I believed all along that I am a fairly healthy person. I seldom get sick. I never catch cold. I'm non-hypertensive, non-asthmatic, non-diabetic, non whatsoever. I used to brag that I'm healthy, careful with my diet, dont drink, dont smoke that I can outlive my enemies. Did I say enemies? Nah, I dont have enemies, just joking. So I remembered a bible verse which said, "Be still and know that I am God." Really I became quiet for a few days then spent a whole day alone in my room. There was this certain sadness in my heart. But I'm not afraid. Just sad. I opened my bible and read until my eyes hurt. Then I sat down in my bed and did some talking to the Lord. I told Him I understand what He was telling me all along. I told Him I was glad He removed the barrier between us and He allowed me to communicate freely and clearly with Him. I trusted my body in His care and my life in His hands. I felt His comforting presence, I felt peace while I sat still before the Lord knowing He is God.Next post I will tell all what God has done.

No comments: