Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hello Again

This afternoon I met with my daughter at Buendia MRT station so we can go to Makati Gospel Church together to attend a bible study class we have begun the other Saturday. The eleven Saturdays course is on the Book of Exodus. My daughter as usual was late. I waited for her at the foot of the Buendia MRT stairs near a line of vendors selling guava, sunglasses, candies, newspapers and ice cream. Although the waiting place was shady with trees I still perspired heavily and the back of my cotton blouse was soaking wet. I think I waited for 40 minutes before the darling daughter arrived. I think I also counted around fifty pairs of legs going down the stairs before her own thin pair of legs appeared. I can identify my daughter even by just her feet and then legs going down the stairs. Mother skills, you know.

Daughter at least showed in her facial expression that she's ashamed she's late. I think she's even worried that I was already at my wit's end. Lucky for her, while I was waiting I have observed another woman impatiently waiting for somebody just like me. To entertain myself, I told myself at least I'm not alone. And we will see who will be relieved of waiting first. So when my daughter arrived, I felt I won that my waiting was finally over. Silly me.Anyways, I think I will have to write about the bible study next issue as it is already late in the night and some mosquitoes are feasting on my feet already. So good night for now, magandang gabi sa inyong lahat.

No comments: