Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I Can't Understand!

Precept Upon Precept is an inductive method of Bible study and the materials and trainors were from the US. I like this method as I am able to clearly understand the contents of the Bible. I have to admit I dont really understand the Book of Exodus or even, Genesis or Deuteronomy. For so many times I have attempted to read the Bible and some publishers of the Bible even offer a system of reading the Bible through in one year. I think I had attempted to read the whole Bible half a dozen times already, but sadly I never ever reached beyond Deuteronomy.I'm now studying Exodus and I'm enjoying every bit of it because I'm beginning to understand it. We were asked to bring different colors of marking pens for which to mark key words and phrases in the chapters we are studying. We have to use a paticular color to mark God, double underline words referring to land or place, draw a clock over a word for time or day, another color and symbol for sin and so on and so forth. So after studying one chapter the pages were very colorful with marks, underlines, and symbols. We get to read one chapter we are studying at least three times. And that results in a very clear and thorough understanding of the lesson.

On my future blog post I will try to write a potted story of Exodus after I finish the eleven Saturdays course. I promise that it would be a fun read as the Book of Exodus is a very exciting account of God's relationship to His beloved people.

No comments: