Friday, December 28, 2007

The Sunday Before Christmas


The Sunday before Christmas, le famille attended a Sunday worship at a church downtown being pastored by my brother in law. Bro in law led the worship singing and a visiting preacher preached the word of God for over an hour. I'm wearing my pocket talker but I did not try to use the extension cord so that I can position the mic near the speaker. We were just visitors in that church and I thought not to bother with the hassle of installing my ALD all over the place. Oh how a I endured and suffered an hour of not understanding anything the preacher was passionately saying at the pulpit. I kept pinching my arms so I can stay awake. You will never know how hard it is to sit for an hour trying to understand a preaching but failing miserably. The proper word is angry. I was very angry that I didn't understand. I heard sounds but my mind cannot proccess the sounds as meaningful speech.


Then after the preaching a little girl sang a special number. I was delighted because I can lipread and understand the song as it was my childhood Sunday school song.


When Christ is in my vessel I can smile like the storm

smile like the storm, smile like the storm

When Christ is in my vessel I can smile like the storm

Until He takes me home.


Sailing, I'm sailing home

Sailing, I'm sailing home.

When Christ is in my vessel I can smile like the storm

Until He takes me home.


Anyways God is really good and His mercies never end. He saw my anger and He aproched me by letting me "hear" the song. I shed a tear secretly not because of self pity but because I experienced God's love at that moment in church, the Sunday before Christmas.


We are only whole to the extent that we are experiencing God's love everyday, as my eldest sister loved to say.

No comments: