Monday, September 24, 2007

Random Things About Me

Shameless narcissism. Oh please, don't be so cruel. I just want to have some fun.

1. My kids call me Meeeh, the way a little goat calls its own mother meeeh-meeeh!

2. My favorite expression is "Ay anak!" At least that's better than Ate Nora's "Ay kabayo!"

3. I recently purchased a pair of shoes called Miss Korea.

4. I can't afford Jimmy Choo.

5. I have a little bony growth on my forehead the size of a half chick pea which the doctor wanted to remove with a sander.

6. I recently enrolled on an 11 Saturdays Bible Study class to study the book of Exodus.

7. I have been waiting for a burgundy (almost black) colored wild flower to bloom again by the roadside where I used to jog so I can take photos of it.

9. I wanted to join flickr but I don't have a good camera.

10. I believe in heaven and hell.

11. My ultimate fantasy is to spend a year in Provence.

12. I like Roberto Benigni, Dustin Hoffman, and yes, Tom Hanks all because he completely, unerringly loves his wife.

13. I believe a wife separated from her husband should remain untangled or be reconciled.

14. I read Psycho as a thirteen year old girl and had a sleepless night aftewards.

15. I secretly believe I'm my father's favorite.

16. I love macadamia, hazel nuts and the smell of roasting cashew nuts.

17. I eat tonnes of the giant, pink citrus called pomelo to prevent fibroid growth.

18. I believe that the ultimate and unchanging standard of all truth and reality is found in God's word.

19. My favorite color is turning brown as I buy brown rice, brown muzcovado sugar and brown wheat bread.

20. A litlle orange sized fibroid in my uterus shrunk 2 cms after six months because I recommitted my life to the Lord, asked forgiveness for my rebellion, revoked the curses in my life and ate tonnes of them pomelos.

21. Mother says I was named after a beauty queen.

22. I never have the faintest memory that my mother ever hugged me as a child.

23. My only daughter is everything that I am not.

24. I strive to be a cool mum-in-law.

25. I buy ice cold fresh sugar cane juice in the market whenever I can.

26. I have six sisters.

27. I have a certain sadness in my heart.

28. The last time I ate cotton candy was when I was two and twenty.

29. I want to retire early so I can write a memoir, do cross-stitch and learn to garden.

30. I want to go fishing with my grandaughters Betina and Chloe.

30. I love hugging my grandchildren because they always smell sweet.

31. I hope my own kids will be closer to me more than ever before.

32. I miss the sound of rain and the sound of my own footsteps.

33. I want to teach Sunday School and adult bible study.

34. I love the changing seasons and the ber months when it is pleasantly cold.

35. I love waking up to a foggy morning.

36. I discovered the net only in 2005.

37. I want a bird bath in my front lawn and a teresa tree to attract sparrows.

38. Mum and I adopted a cat which Betina named Willy.

40. I want to see Lake Sebu in Mindanao.

41. I like the face of Natalie Portman.

42. I like coffee but I only drink half cup of it leaving the other half because I feel guilty.

43. The ultimate challenge I'm facing in life is to be an overcomer.

44. I have a virtual friend who has a slow growing cancer called polycithemia vera.

45. I want to have virtual friends from the remote vilages of China, Russia, Scandinavia, and France.

46. I want to cook maja or corn flour cake tomorrow.

47. Life begins at fifty as I am a late bloomer.

48. I dislike the film Falling in Love (Robert De Niro) as it's adultery simplified.

49. I don't forwad chain e-mails.

50. Sleepy now. Zzzzzzzzz...

No comments: